What is this all about?

In 2010, Seven Auckland Jewellery Geeks embarked on a mission to get their work out there and seen by Subliminally Infiltrating other people's openings with the work of that evening's Feature Geek.
+
In 2011, a few more geeks join in the fun and break a few of the original Subliminal Infiltration rules...






Monday, August 30, 2010

Sharon Infiltrates the Fingers opening not so Subliminally 23 August 2010

The second attempt at subliminally infiltrating was not so subliminal at all because we made up nearly half the people at the opening..  woops.  I spent half an hour finding a park so arrived late and walked straight into Warwick Freeman, Alan Preston and Ruth Baird - aaargh! the old masters of Fingers and the NZ contemporary jewellery movement all looking at me strangely..  oh no I thought, had they noticed something strange going on?  Were they mad?  Were they wondering how I had convinced all these people to wear my blobbies? I quickly got my glass of bubbles and ran to the collective safety of the other Geeks. Nadene arrived shortly after and we all hung out behind the cabinets away from the big scary people. 

We all went for japanesey afterwards and discussed the pros and cons of this overwelming bombardment infiltration.  Overall, the infiltration was a success as we got noticed (although not subliminally) and we got some sort of message across to the people present.  Nobody asked us about what was going on, though I suspect Mary Curtis may have given them a clue.  My blobs are very loud and out there, so I supose it was fitting that they made a big splash on their first infiltration. Fingers openings are generally packed with other jewellers wearing their finest and favourites, so ideally our next infiltrations there will be less obvious and more subliminal. 
 
Lynn Kelly's work was pretty impressive and it was great to meet her. She is lovely and she has nice hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment